Hi and Welcome to the 2019 edition of the TransAtlanticWay.
Before you enter there’s a couple of things to tell you.
You are mad !
Oh ! you already know that.
We’re not a race any more.
What does that mean ?
I’ve no idea but probably not that much.
You won’t need “Race insurance “ you will still need insurance that covers riding your bike in Ireland though.
You are still tracked,
All the rules still apply.
Solo means solo no Drafting.
Still incredibly difficult
New for 2019 : a shorter Option. 500 km less than the full route.
The price is the same for each route and you can mix and match as the ride progresses. It’s up to you how hard you want to make this. A special hand made TransAtlanticWay cup will be awarded to everyone that finishes either designated route. Everyone else gets a hug.
What’s included in the entrance fee of £380:
- GPSTracker and Tracking.
- Rider Brief and registration the day before 5th June in Trinity College.
- A goody bag.
- A starters T-shirt
- A TransAtlanticWay cap.
- Two manned checkpoints.
- A halfway Check Point – offering Accommodation and food this time.
- A bag and or bike box drop from the start in Dublin to the Finish in Kinsale.
- Buckets of Irish rain water.
- plenty of fresh air.
- Accommodation at the start in Dublin: £80 per night
- Accommodation at the finish in Kinsale : £40 per night
We’re working very hard to make this an incredible adventure for everyone involved. And hope to see many of you at the start in June next year.
Anyone wishing to volunteer as Dot watcher or knows someone wanting a crazy 2 weeks in Ireland next year please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks in advance to everyone that’s going to make TAW2019 an amazing adventure.